Avg or Avast

jimmy432 16:39 17 Oct 2006

Which is better?

mattyc_92 16:43 17 Oct 2006

I think Avast is probably better. However, it does go over the top with some things.
For example, it once stated that my patched 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory' had a 'hacking tool' inside of it (even though I downloaded the patch from the Splinter Cell offical site).

Since then, I have started to use AVG. It, on the otherhand, doesn't seem quite as protective. But is still more than I need

Ritchbee 16:48 17 Oct 2006

I changed to AVG last year from Norton.
Found it better.

Your choice !!

sean-278262 17:00 17 Oct 2006

AVG personally. Loads more alerts in it than Norton ever gave me. Plus I found its protection to be less annoying than Norton was. However there is no one app that is better. While Nod32 is claimed to be better no one app can be the best in every way and of course like anything you can make something seem the best even if it isnt using fancy use of language.

originalmiscellany 17:01 17 Oct 2006

i've used avast for years now, have got loads of friends using it on my recommendation etc. THat said, i have friends who swear by AVG too. Both do a great job, just see which you prefer i guess.

Jackcoms 17:25 17 Oct 2006

How long is a piece of string?

You'll probably find an equal number of Forum members use/recommend both of these excellent free AV programs (I use Avast).

Choose one, see if it suits you and, if not, un-install and try the other.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:32 17 Oct 2006

both equally as good

used AVG for years, changed to Avast after problems with e-mil scanning after an ACG update a couple of years ago.

I prefer the screen saver scanning from Avast, means I never have to remember to do a scan.

jimmy432 18:01 17 Oct 2006

Hi just installed avast and didnt like the simple user inteferance theme so sticking to avg :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?