AVG last update-Micro Anti possible problem !.

spuds 11:01 09 Dec 2005

I do not know if this the cause of a slowness problem that I am experiencing with my computer system. Since the last real big AVG update the other day, my computer seems to have gone into a very slow mode, even scanning of email seems to be very slow.Tried all the clean-ups and checks via all my cleaners and anti-wares etc, but to no avail.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem, as I haven't seen it mentioned in the forum yet.

Would mention that I used Microsoft Antispy in the earlier beta stages, and removed it later from my system due to constant minor problems. Re-installed it very recently with the latest updates,and I am wondering if there is a configuration problem between AVG and Micro Antispy, which could perhaps be a possible answer to the slowness of the computer.There seems to be no mention within the forum, of other people experiencing configuration problems between the two products, so there could be an underlying problem,that could be a cause, which I do not seem to be able to find.

Any ideas, that I may have forgotten to try, so as to return back to a more speedier computer.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:07 09 Dec 2005

MS Antispy and AVG have no problems working together. Firstly try Ccleaner from click here. Run it and delete all it finds.

G

SG Atlantis® 12:11 09 Dec 2005

I have felt my PC being abit slow. I wonder is it the avg update?

I haven't had any problems with MS-ASW at all and I have been using it for yonks.

prince midas 12:31 09 Dec 2005

My computer is definitly slower after the AVG upgrade. I cannot get into certain sites I usually use and have had to stop using them as my computor sits for ages.

ACOLYTE 12:33 09 Dec 2005

No problems with speed here,and i use both app's.
Have you tried a defrag?

Bagsey 12:57 09 Dec 2005

All normal with my computer and with my wifes machine. Running AVG, Adaware, Spybot S&D, and CCleaner.

IClaudio 14:06 09 Dec 2005

Not generally slow here, but sometimes, when I first start the day, apps take several minutes to open. This is any app, and all of them - so I can double-click any number, I get the hourglass, then nothing. About three/four minutes later, they all open at once.

This only happens to apps, folders open normally. Once the apps are open, I have no more trouble until the next time I power up. ?

IClaudio 14:07 09 Dec 2005

Sorry, should have said that this is since the big update.

rmcqua 14:15 09 Dec 2005

Spuds - I run both programs together without any problems, also no slowing down since the last big AVG update.
You might try doing a registry scan/repair for invalid links etc. using this
click here
or one of the other similar tools available.

spuds 18:00 09 Dec 2005

What a very good response, and a big thank you to everyone.

I have run AdAware,SpyBot,a2 and Micro Antispy, CCleaner and Windelete, nothing untoward as shown up.Forgot about defrag, so I will check that. I will also try the download rmcqua as supplied.

spuds 11:06 10 Dec 2005

Things improved slightly yesterday, after I did a recheck and defrag. Downloaded PC Rescue, and it managed to find a number of things, which I think was no better than was expected with a product trying to resolve a problem via a purchase.

This morning, things seem to be back to normal running speed [fingers crossed]. So I will tick the item as resolved. Thanks again everyone for the help offered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?