AVG ;large update available

p;3 22:48 22 Oct 2005

just took on board a large update ; biggest I have seen for a long time; hope it will reboot ok:)) may take some doing if you are on dial up:(

dukeboxhero 23:24 22 Oct 2005

ty for that m8 just done it, biggest iv seen

p;3 00:05 23 Oct 2005

this update IS huge and I thin THE biggest I have ever seen ; and have just taken on yet another one too:))

g0slp 07:52 23 Oct 2005

Thanks very much.

Mark

PaulB2005 08:43 23 Oct 2005

Was this about 12 Mb in total?

Was it for the Free version or just the paid version? One PC with the AVG and Firewall Trial downloaded it and updated to AVG 7.1 but the Free version on another Pc hasn't.

By the way there wil be another one on Monday. click here

rawprawn 08:47 23 Oct 2005

click here
I think the update you are talking about is the one that was due on Monday and is version 7.1.361

PaulB2005 09:00 23 Oct 2005

I posted this on Friday (before the link you gave) click here

It comprises of two updates. One on Thursday and one on Monday -

Grisoft releases AVG Anti-Virus 7.1
Grisoft announces the release of AVG Anti-Virus 7.1, the latest version of its award-winning AVG Anti-Virus software. All current AVG customers will be able to download the upgrade to the new 7.1 version through the standard update process. To ensure that all customers are able to take advantage of the full functionality offered by AVG 7.1 as soon as possible, the upgrade will be available as two updates: a “Recommended Update” available today, which will include program components, and a second update available on Monday, October 24, which will include additional components. The update will require system restart.
October 20, 2005

I know about what has changed. It;s just that the other PC i use has a Trial of AVG with Firewall and it updated to 7.1 on Friday with a 12 Mb download. However my daughtyers laptop hasn't (as far as i know) updated to 7.1.

I was wondering if this big update to 7.1 was just for the pay versions or also included the Free version?

rawprawn 09:14 23 Oct 2005

Ah, see what you mean!

PaulB2005 09:16 23 Oct 2005

So can anyone confirm if this updates applies to the Free version?

Bagsey 09:19 23 Oct 2005

I am on the free version and got the big update yesterday evening. then a small file about 1 hour later.

bloo meeny 09:20 23 Oct 2005

"I was wondering if this big update to 7.1 was just for the pay versions or also included the Free version?"

Large update is for free version also (updates to program version 3.1.361)

After re-boot, get the following small update too !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?