AVG Internal virus database is out of date?

BeeWee 22:34 26 Jul 2005

The AVG icon is greyed out and I am getting the out of date message. I have checked the date and time of the computer which are correct so please can someone help me to remedy this problem? Thank you.

Stuartli 22:45 26 Jul 2005

Do an update - the latest definitions should be downloaded.

Then do a second update to check if there are any other updates to be collected.

mole44 22:45 26 Jul 2005

try uninstalling the program and reinstalling it again.

BeeWee 23:03 26 Jul 2005

Thank you - I had to uninstall and then reinstall as suggested by mole as it wouldn't update.

Thank you for your help - the issue is now resolved!

BeeWee 18:21 08 Aug 2005

but it keeps happening all the time...I have now uninstalled and reinstalled about 4 times..what can be going wrong?

Beth

patsyanne 18:34 08 Aug 2005

Thats the same problem i had today as well ! that means you havnt got the updates i unistalled and installed again and still didnt get the updates ! so now have avast instead but you can download the updates from the avg web page and then install them but i had given up by then cause all day it didnt update .

lotvic 20:34 08 Aug 2005

AVG server has been overloaded for updates according to their forum. You can do a manual download of .bin files from click here and save them to the AVG program folder on your pc and then configure AVG to Update from 'folder' (not Internet)

AVG > control center > Update Manager > settings

I've just done it for this pc (my neices - as am here for a few days hols)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?