AVG free download problems

SallyC 13:40 11 Jul 2010

Following an attack with AV Security I am now having problems with AVG 9.0 Free - it is coming up with an Error Code 0xE001C07D - I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but it then asks for a license number which I can't find. Any help will be much appreciated

johndrew 14:27 11 Jul 2010

From what I can gather there is a critical .dll missing or perhaps there are vestiges of the attack you suffered.

You could try installing another AV as suggested click here or perhaps watch this post click here or register and post your own request.

The only other option would be a full scan from a site such as ESET click here Trend click here or Bit Defender click here all are free. This at least would ensure a safe system and then you could run Ccleaner or similar to ensure your Registry had nothing that would cause a problem.

northumbria61 15:08 11 Jul 2010

I would try the AVG Removal Tool first and then reinstall AVG from Grisoft.com

northumbria61 15:10 11 Jul 2010

The AVG 9 Free installation file doesn't require that you input a license key... which means you didn't download AVG Free... but something else. The AVG Free installation can be found on the website at click here

SallyC 17:56 11 Jul 2010

Thanks everyone - repair worked after leaving the laptop shut down for an hour or so, so I suspect something wrong with the AVG site. Up and running now & hopefully the end of the Trojans.

Sea Urchin 00:45 12 Jul 2010

Just as a postscript AVG Free does have a license key - although it is input automatically during installation. To find the key open AVG and go to Components menu and select License.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?