avg free and clamav

lesbos123 07:38 08 Nov 2007

im running windows xp home and ive got avg free as my av .i also use spyware terminator for 1 of spyware protections i,ve noticed that spy term also has in it clam av if i enabled this would it conflict with avg and is clam an anti virus protection like avg any help any one.

Technotiger 07:39 08 Nov 2007

It would conflict - you can have two of anything EXCEPT Anti-virus programs.

lesbos123 07:45 08 Nov 2007

thanks techno thats what i thought wuuld you suggest using clam or stick with avg

Technotiger 09:34 08 Nov 2007

Stick with what you know. I am not familiar with Clam.

brundle 09:36 08 Nov 2007

No they wouldn't conflict as ClamAV isn't a resident AV program. Just a belt-&-braces approach...

lesbos123 09:52 08 Nov 2007

now i am confused 1 say yes 1 say no would it benefit me to enable clam within spyware terminator

p;3 10:09 08 Nov 2007

from where, please, did you download your spyware terminator version?

p;3 10:17 08 Nov 2007

'i,ve noticed that spy term also has in it clam av if i enabled this would it conflict with avg and is clam an anti virus protection ' yes apparently it is and

YES it would
see
click here

either choose
to run avg OR install the Clam part of spyware terminator;not both ; I would opt to keep avg

p;3 10:23 08 Nov 2007

'either choose
to run avg OR install the Clam part of spyware terminator;not both ; I would opt to keep avg'

rephrase that ;my suggestion would be to opt for either avg or the clam part of spyware terminator as your antivirus protection ; I personally have no experience of clam so cannot speak for its antiviris protection effectiveness;

I would stick with the AVG which you already have and know how it works?

lesbos123 15:06 08 Nov 2007

ok thanks all think i stick with avg and just use spy term for spyware

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?