AVG free anti virus software

Dr floyd 13:02 29 Jan 2007

I 've recentley downloaded the free anti-virus software from Grisoft and i've also upgraded to IE7. The problem i'm having is that everytime i start my computer a virus scan is performed automatically-everytime , as a consequence opening any other programme is slowed down.The operating system is XP,i've tried the help topics available with the software but still no joy. Email contact has been fruitless and when AVG are called tech support is not available for the free version.

beynac 13:11 29 Jan 2007

There is a forum for the free version: click here

Hope this helps.

birdface 13:55 29 Jan 2007

Try,going into Scheduled tasks,Hi-lite Test plan in basic mode,Edit Schedule,Untick, Scheduled time.

johndrew 16:48 29 Jan 2007

Alternative.

Select the `Edit Schedule` `Scheduler`, 4th. button down on the left of the `Test Center` view. Change the time to one that you seldom boot your PC and ensure the bottom box is unchecked.

Diemmess 17:13 29 Jan 2007

Allow scheduled updates, they take very little time.
Untick the scheduled test box so that a virus scan never runs until you ask for it at a time when you can leave the PC alone for a while.

AVG runs in the background and will flag anything suspicious.
A huge animated notice in bright colours across the screen saying virus detected.

Have very seldom seen this, it's startling when it happens, but otherwise forget virus infection and use your computer in peace.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?