AVG Free 8 Update Problems

al7478 17:34 09 May 2008

Hi folks. I've updated to AVG 8 Free today - or so i thought. It actually seems to be the trial version of the AVG IS suite. I followed AVGs advice and link, which took me to CNet, and went from there - it certainly seemed to be leading me to the free AV. I've also lost the separate free AVG antispyware in the installation process, and i need to get that back Can anyone advise as to how to put this right, so i just have AVG free programmes...?

eedcam 18:08 09 May 2008

Hi first dont download from Cnet go to this Pageclick here

Probably the same one you went to but DO NOt click on the big blue Download bar that will take you to Cnet instead click on the smaller down laod line below it that will download straight from grisoft. Unless you can get back to the beginning ie avg 8 etc.,uninstalled you may well have problems trying to upgrade You may need to do system restore to get back to square one.

Bob The Blob 18:15 09 May 2008

Don't do a system restore! Just uninstall all AVG software. Download the free version of AVG 8 from the link above and install that. AVG 8 Free now includes a spyware scanner so you won't need the old AVG antispyware from now on.

al7478 18:31 09 May 2008

All seems well now.

So does it scan for viruses and spyware etc in one go now, or are they separate scans within the same programme? Only it seems it does it all in one go, just thought id check.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?