avg free

paybarforme 15:27 16 Aug 2008

How often does the free avg antivirus update, is it everyday ? mine keeps saying everything up to date and working, but only ever seems to download new stuff about once a month, is this normal ?

rivington 16:05 16 Aug 2008

I run AVG7 free and get updates weekly. I get a warning weekly to say my AV is out of date.Once logged on to the internet I get the update download.

johndrew 16:06 16 Aug 2008

Which version are you using?

If you are using AVG 8 free it will check every time you start your PC - this includes recovery from Standby. If the full version you can select when and how often you update.

muddypaws 16:11 16 Aug 2008

I have my AVG 8 free set to manual and do it twice a day. Had one update today so far.

Technotiger 16:25 16 Aug 2008

I too update manually using AVG8 Free, once a day, like muddypaws I had one update today.

Technotiger 16:27 16 Aug 2008

I would advise you to update to AVG8 Free, AVG7.5 will no longer be supported (as far as updates are concerned) after 31st of this month.

281apple 17:30 16 Aug 2008

I first had free AVAST which after about two months did not update anymore. I changed to free AVG which did not update anymore after about four months. I finally bought AVG8 for £41 for a two year two computer period which means each computer cost me about $10 per year. It is working beautifully and updates just about every day and sometimes twice a day. I guess when it is free you should at least get your money's worth.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie