avg free

paybarforme 15:27 16 Aug 2008

How often does the free avg antivirus update, is it everyday ? mine keeps saying everything up to date and working, but only ever seems to download new stuff about once a month, is this normal ?

rivington 16:05 16 Aug 2008

I run AVG7 free and get updates weekly. I get a warning weekly to say my AV is out of date.Once logged on to the internet I get the update download.

johndrew 16:06 16 Aug 2008

Which version are you using?

If you are using AVG 8 free it will check every time you start your PC - this includes recovery from Standby. If the full version you can select when and how often you update.

muddypaws 16:11 16 Aug 2008

I have my AVG 8 free set to manual and do it twice a day. Had one update today so far.

Technotiger 16:25 16 Aug 2008

I too update manually using AVG8 Free, once a day, like muddypaws I had one update today.

Technotiger 16:27 16 Aug 2008

I would advise you to update to AVG8 Free, AVG7.5 will no longer be supported (as far as updates are concerned) after 31st of this month.

281apple 17:30 16 Aug 2008

I first had free AVAST which after about two months did not update anymore. I changed to free AVG which did not update anymore after about four months. I finally bought AVG8 for £41 for a two year two computer period which means each computer cost me about $10 per year. It is working beautifully and updates just about every day and sometimes twice a day. I guess when it is free you should at least get your money's worth.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?