avg free

wonderwill 16:24 18 Jun 2006

I decided to uninstall avg free edition virus checker and download new version and install same. It will not allow me to install as it seems to think it is still on the system. I used the uninstaller in the programme and can find no trace of the old program anywhere??

alan227 16:30 18 Jun 2006

Have you checked in the registry using grisoft in the find box.
Do a backup of the registry before you start to delete anything.

wonderwill 16:38 18 Jun 2006

carried out a Registry Mechanic scan and it sorted some things - prior to posting. Grisoft search just produced an empty folder under Programs which I have deleted but still no difference

Jak_1 16:55 18 Jun 2006

Try system restore to put avg back on, then dl the new version and it should update.

wonderwill 17:46 18 Jun 2006

tried a system restore and then a registry mechanic scan. It has now come up with 'Could not iniitialise AVG kernel interface' when I try to load the program

dkuk2000 21:22 18 Jun 2006

I've got exactly the same problem,i even tried to reinstall an old version but i keep getting the same message about having another version already installed.

Any sugestions ?.

SANTOS7 21:26 18 Jun 2006

click here=

link suggests system restore is the problem...

dkuk2000 08:40 19 Jun 2006

"link suggests system restore is the problem..."

NOPE

I even disabled system restore,removed anything named AVG or Grisoft and even went into the registry and removed all traces.

Tried to install after all that and got the message.............................unable to install as there is another version of avg already installed.

Any other suggestions guys ?.

johndrew 10:00 19 Jun 2006

Have you tried the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility yet? It helped me with similar problems and is free from click here;en-us;290301

Hope this helps.

johndrew 10:03 19 Jun 2006

Just checked that link and it didn`t work.

You need support.microsoft.com/ followed by default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

Mushmonkey 22:46 23 Sep 2006

If You Downloaded AVG FREE, You Shouldnt Have A Problem Uninstalling It, However If You Downloaded, AVG Proffesional And Used A Serail Code, Already Active AVG Will Not Uninstall, As I Had This Issue, Move The Root Directory Folder
(C:\Program Fiels\GRISOFT) onto your desktop

Open Limewire, Download AVG PROFFESIONAL 7.0
(make sure the file is at least over 20mb otherwise its most likly a virus) and install it

Then Uninstall It Using The Uninstall Wizard
Then Go On The Free Download For AVG, Then Install It, Save The File Onto Your Dekstop, The Open It, Install It,
After This Delete The Folder Of Your Desktop, If It Says Access Is Denied, Move The File (.dll) And Place It In The New Directory

If This Doesnt Work Contact Me At
[email protected]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?