AVG email scanner not fully functional

TimCDC 19:59 08 Jan 2005

I'm running AVG free version 7 and update daily if updates are available. Since upgrading to version 7, I frequently find a message in my system tray "AVG email scanner not fully functional". I can deal with this by exiting in the control centre, and then re-starting AVG but that seems a bit roundabout. Emails still go out and are received ok (via Outlook Express 6) and everything else is fine. Spyware Blaster, Spybot and Ad-aware are all running fine. My system is XP SP2. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks,

TimCDC 20:08 08 Jan 2005

That I've looked at the Grisoft site at click here but find that when I left click the red box, nothing happens. But do I need to do something special to configure outlook express?

The Kestrel 20:28 08 Jan 2005

There used to be a problem between the email scanner in AVG7 and outlook express. I thought that one of their updates had sorted this out now. I did have the same problem a while ago, but all works fine now with outlook express.

TimCDC 22:43 08 Jan 2005

Its wierd...cos sometimes its fine, and sometimes its not!

alan227 23:27 08 Jan 2005

Launch AVG control centre / click on e-mail scanner box / then put a tick in the box that says ignore plugin status / click apply / click OK.
That is how I cured that problem.

TimCDC 16:39 09 Jan 2005

I've done that now, and instantly email scanner seems to be working. Good one! I'll run it like this for a few days and report back. Thanks

palinka 21:23 09 Jan 2005

I had same probelm. uninstalled and reinstalled AVg. Fine since then

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?