AVG doesn't display scan results

stlucia 08:22 20 Mar 2010

My AVG is set for daily automatic scan. When it started a scan it used to pop up a little message saying it's starting, and at the end of the scan it used to pop up another message displaying a summary of the results.

Up until recently the results used to show about 14 issues every day (no problem, because they were all benign cookies which I used to clean out from time to time); then when I updated to v8.5, I think, the number of issues suddenly became zero every day.

Now that I'm on v9.0 there's no pop-up screen to signify start or finish of the scan -- just the extra little AVG logo in the task bar during the scan.

I've checked the settings, and I can't see any way to make it show summary popups. Can someone throw any light on this, please?

alB 10:47 20 Mar 2010

open AVG and click the tools tab, then advanced settings, open the appearance tab and then check the Balloon Tray Notification area, put a tick in Display tray notification about scanning, click apply and OK ...alB

stlucia 11:19 20 Mar 2010

Thanks, alB. I thought all the available settings were under the "Change scan settings" option in the "computer scanner" screen.

I've now gone into "Advanced settings", and "Display system tray notifications" was disabled -- I've now clicked it on. Seems like all the settings were not properly copied over when I upgraded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017