AVG Customer support

jaritch 13:29 22 Mar 2006

I have the paid for version of AVG + Firewall. I thought I would just record on this forum for anyone looking for security with good support that I highly recommend AVG.

Without going into detail, I had a recurring, all be it minor, problem at start up. A delay in Firewall activating. AVG were excellent in their response to my e-mails, and after trying various things no immediate solution was found.

They said that they would be continuing to look into the problem. I thought to myself "in other words let's ignore it". However after the last major AVG update, this problem was rectified. A few days later I recieved am e-mail from AVG stating that the problem had indeed been dealt with in the last update.

I just thought I would share a positive support issue. So often we only see the negative ones no matter the company.

ACOLYTE 13:44 22 Mar 2006

It's good to note that Grisoft have a quick and positive support database,in the cut throat PC security market companies cannot afford to be slack on customer help if they intend to keep your's and other people's trade.It's a pity some other companies don't follow there lead.

Nice one.

Ritchbee 13:48 22 Mar 2006

I also had a minor problem with my AVG and their response to my query was quick and it resolved the issue quickly.

Good customer support......agreed

jz 21:28 23 Mar 2006

I had a problem with AVG software claiming that a programme was a virus, when in fact it wasn't. I emailed them, sending them the programme, and they responded quickly, saying that the problem would go away with the next AVG update. The update appeared a few hours later, and sure enough, the problem went away - I'm impressed with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017