Is AVG the cause of No outlook Exp

User-8740C8C1-B75B-4656-B568BCAE878A7A30 13:36 06 Nov 2007

I am told that my name password are correct yet Outlook Express refuses to send or recieve.
I am using the Free home edition of AVG could this be causing the problem. As the chap on my providers help desk was most insistant that its a fire wall thats the problem.

rawprawn 13:44 06 Nov 2007

Which Provider
What is your pop address
What is your SMTP address

birdface 13:51 06 Nov 2007

Avg is not a Firewall.But it will scan your e-mails for Virus's.I suppose that you could disable it to see if your outlook express will then work.Right click on the Avg Anti-Virus icon in quick start.Click on Launch Avg free control center.Click on E-Mail Scanner then click on properties.press disable plug in. Apply Ok. Then see if outlook express works.If outlook then works you will have to go back intoAvg and configure it to work with O/Express.

birdface 13:53 06 Nov 2007

Rawprawn is about to tell you how to configure Avg To work with O/E so follow his advice.

brundle 14:00 06 Nov 2007

Do you get an error message starting 0x800? If you do , what is it. Usually narrows down the problem very quickly.

p;3 14:27 06 Nov 2007

one needs to know through whom you are trying to send the emails ( ISP) to give any accurate and helpful guidance ;there could be a lot of reasons why Outlook express will apparently not function correctly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?