AVG Antivirus free edition

[email protected] 16:11 02 Mar 2007

I have Windows XP Home and IE7.I have been trying to install AVG Antivirus free edition on my machine but although indications are that it has installed it is not listed in Program Files nor is it shown in Control Panel (Add/Remove).I have registered with Download.com but I don`t get an e-mail giving me a licence code.Where am I going wrong?

ICF 16:13 02 Mar 2007

Download from the makers

click here

Totally-braindead 16:15 02 Mar 2007

You don't get an email, if you go to where the downloads are there will be one for AVG free double click on it and it will install. It enters its own serial number and your name and installs automatically.

If you have problems download direct from Grisoft click here

Make sure you only have one anti virus product on your PC, if you have something else on your PC remove it first.

skidzy 16:36 02 Mar 2007

If the above fails you (should not ) try from here click here

[email protected] 16:59 02 Mar 2007

Had been to those sites already but tried again but still no luck.When I get as far as the destination folder Program Files is greyed out.When I try to uninstall the uninstallation process finishes in half a second which indicates to me that it wasn`t there to be uninstalled in the first place.

skidzy 17:13 02 Mar 2007

Download Firefox 2 click here and the try to download from click here

[email protected] 17:34 02 Mar 2007

Still no luck.Thanks for all your suggestions but I can`t afford anymore time to mess about with it.

Totally-braindead 22:39 02 Mar 2007

Mack1 you don't save downloads to the program files folder if thats what you're trying to do. I usually save them to the desktop as that way its right in front of me. Once its done you double click on it and follow the instructions. It automatically adds the program to Program Files. You do not have to do it.

p;3 22:54 02 Mar 2007

you could try creating a 'downloads' folder in My documents; then save the exe for avg IN there first ; all MY exe's are saved thus so I know where to find them and I have a shortcut TO the downloads folder on my desktop

see if that helps?

??is this the first time you have used (tried to use) avg ?

Strawballs 23:08 02 Mar 2007

Things like AVG I never save them I just click run and install straight away saveing only takes up space and it is so quick and easy with broad band not like the 20 min plus from the old dial up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?