AVG Antispyware

Daiol 11:36 12 Aug 2007

Been using avg antispyware for some time with no problem,but today yje icon han gone to grey/black i checked for updates and it said updated were up to date,uninstalled it and then reintalled it and the same thing happened the icon in system tray keeps on grey/black anyone else had anything like this lately,had to go back to windows defender for now any ideas please.daiol

johndrew 11:44 12 Aug 2007

Your `Free Trial` period has probably expired. Go to the `Status` page and look at what it says bottom right.

SANTOS7 11:44 12 Aug 2007

It may be you are not updating the latest version or the date is wrong on your PC...

Daiol 11:54 12 Aug 2007

thanks for your replies johndrew i didnt know it was a free trial i thought it was free like the avg antivirus.& santos7 my pc has correct time and date thanks daiol.

sunny staines 11:57 12 Aug 2007

try deleting, running a registry cleaner and deleting any left over avg folders and reinstall avg it may give you another 30 days, most trial programs do.

Al94 12:09 12 Aug 2007

It is free to home users - not a trial click here

Fingees 12:18 12 Aug 2007

It's only the anti virus that's free,

other versions you pay for.

birdface 12:32 12 Aug 2007

click here ,Run C Cleaner then download the free version.W/Defender has a few problems of it's own at the moment.Or try A squared,Thats what I use.

mfletch 12:33 12 Aug 2007

Hi all. AVG Antispyware is FREE.

When you first download AVG Antispyware they give you the full package on a 30 day trial this includes real time protection,and auto updates.

After the 30 day trial it is still FREE but they disable the real time protection thus the grey/black box in your system tray,

Plus you have to do manual updates.

mfletch.

Al94 12:56 12 Aug 2007

which is why I prefer Avast - free and automatically updates - sometimes a few times a day. click here

bretsky 12:58 12 Aug 2007

click here

Version at the moment is 7.5.1.43 Plus (Paid for)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?