AVG Anti virus won't load

romford 11:52 31 Mar 2006

Hi,
Ive tried several times to load AVG Free anti virus and kep getting the same error message. "Action failed for file AVG7dos.ing creating file changing language to 67698688 failed. General failure."

then:-
"Could not initialise AVG Anti Virus kernel interface. Application cannot run." Grisoft wont help on free AVG. Any suggestions, please?

ACOLYTE 12:37 31 Mar 2006

Have you downloaded it again,the first dload may be corrupt somehow.If all else fails you could try click here another free one and just as good as AVG.

martjc 12:48 31 Mar 2006

Avast is a better program anyway, in my humble opinion. And it updates regularly!

romford 13:11 31 Mar 2006

Hi,

Many thanks for the advice. I've tried every conceivable method, System restore,cleaning the registry, disabling and enabling the firewall. Re-installing in several ways but I always get the same response. I'll wait a couple of days and if there's no result I'll try the anti-virus you suggest. Thanks very much for your interest.

terryf 13:41 31 Mar 2006

Why don't you email AVG and ask them, I have always found them very hepful and it may uncover some other problem with your system

romford 13:51 31 Mar 2006

Hi Terry F,

I did try your suggestion but their web page says technical advice on line is only available to those who purchase their product and not for the free edition. However,I have now downloaded and installed Avast, as suggested by Acolyte.

So, thanks everyone, I'm off.

ACOLYTE 13:53 31 Mar 2006

On reading the avg forum this error is usually caused when you update the defanitons for the pro version to the free version,
Have a read of this it may help click here=

romford 14:39 31 Mar 2006

Thanks very much for your input acolyte. I'm going to run with Avast for a while and then try the responses you indicated. Thanks everyone for your help which is much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?