AVG Anti virus replacement.

MeandHer 09:18 04 May 2008

Hi All,
I have noticed a few posts saying that the FREE AVG Anti virus is ending at the end of May.
Anyone know of a good,easy,quick and light on pc resources FREE replacement?

Gongoozler 09:24 04 May 2008

Avast click here is equally as good as AVG. I prefer the Avast interface.

click here always top 2 in independent tests, uses very low overheads, really dont know why it isnt mentioned more.

wrong key! top 5

also i would be surprised if they end the free version.

cocteau48 09:39 04 May 2008

As the new AVG 8.0 Free is now out it is possibly support for the old 7.5 version which ends at the end of May.
Be aware though that the new version is no longer a simple AV program and is now approaching a security suite with added antispyware,a linkscanner and a resident shield.

sidecar sid 09:40 04 May 2008

Support for AVG 7.5 will end.
New version AVG 8.0 wil stil be free.
click here

birdface 09:55 04 May 2008

If you are only looking for an ant-virus program ignore AVG 8 as it comes bundled with anti-spyware.resident shield and link scanner.I had to turn the resident shield off because it was using up to 80% of my CPU when running A Squared.I had to turn off the Link scanner as it was giving conflicting reports with McAfee site advisor.It also has a conflict with Spywareblaster.So at the moment it is not working 100% properly.Ive used AVG for 3 or 4 years now with no problems.But the jury is still out with the new Version 8.I am sitting on the fence just deciding to move or stay.My problem is probably because I have an old computer so maybe those with better computers will not notice any difference.

MeandHer 10:41 04 May 2008

thanks for help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone