AVG Anti-Spyware

anattam 16:55 25 Feb 2007

Dear all,
Does anybody know how to set the AVG to automatic update. In my PC, the button is inactive, I can not tick the checkbox. I have to update it manually.
Please kindly give me an advice.
Reagard
Mattana
BKK Thailand

chub_tor 16:57 25 Feb 2007

Yes you have to pay - the automatic update is not available in the free edition.

Annie A 17:18 25 Feb 2007

I have recently updated my free AVG to version 7.5.446 and it updates daily - right click on the AVG icon - select 'Launch AVG Control Centre' and from there select 'Schedule Tasks@

Annie

Stuartli 17:30 25 Feb 2007

You may be confusing AVG AV with AVG AntiSpyware - after a 14 day trial updates have to be done manually if you prefer to use it FOC.

anattam 12:14 26 Feb 2007

"avgas-setup-7.5.0.50" is the name of the program I used for installing AVG Anti-Spyware. I have 2 computers at home, one is a desktop PC, the other is a notebook. For my notebook this program can update itself, while my PC can not. I have just formatted my notebook, so I will wait for another 14 days to see whether I have to update it manually or not. A bunchfull of thanks for kind advices.

Stuartli 12:36 26 Feb 2007

avgas-setup represents AVG + AntiSpyware (plus setup).

I tried the latest update but it still won't update automatically now following the period of grace.

birdface 12:40 26 Feb 2007

Stuartli is correct,You will have to download Up-Dates Manually.It is Avg Anti-Virus that downloads automatically.

bretsky 13:40 26 Feb 2007

In the AVG Anti-Spyware' control panel (Status) to the right where it says Your license, it will say version which is "7.5.0.50 Plus" and premium support-yes and premium updates-yes.

This is the full two year license version, & updates everyday for me(672 days to it runs out)

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 13:41 26 Feb 2007

Should be "till it runs out"

bretsky ;0)

Stuartli 16:34 26 Feb 2007

Both Premium Support and Premium Updates have No alongside them in my case.

Have you had it installed for more than 14 days?

bretsky 18:23 27 Feb 2007

Yes, I installed the program from the PCA Jan 2007 DVD and then applied for(paid for) a 2 year license and then as soon as you get the license key via email you just copy and paste your key number where its says your license and it automatically changes both Premium Support and Premium Updates with tech support.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?