AVG 8.0 Internet Security Registration

Bibsta 07:54 24 Jun 2008

Can anyone offer advice with regard to AVG registration and licence number. I bought AVG 8 Internet Security 3 User (2 year subscription) from Amazon. Received CD and programme downloaded OK but it was necessary to input the sales number that came with the disc on click here. This gave an error message "Form validation failed. *Field 'Licence or Sales Number' is invalid. Invalid data" Thinking that this might be a disc problem, returned product to Amazon and received replacement. Same problem occurred. Amazon can only give refund as no more than 2 replacements possible. Have tried to complain to AVG (waiting for reply) but auto response e-mail says with AVG 8 being a new product that they are busy. Any help will be appreciated. John

Marko797 08:02 24 Jun 2008

but why not return said item, and get avg8 free? Lot of ppl use it on here. Can't see the point in buying AV.

Bibsta 10:35 29 Jun 2008

Thanks for comment Marko - I did have AVG 8.0 free version on my PC but just couldn't to get it to download on my notebook (got win32 error message all the time) Anyway received an Amazon gift voucher and used it to buy AVG 8.0 Internet SEcurity 3 User, 2yr subscription. Only paid extra £30 which seemed OK to me. The registration problem got easily resolved by AVG after a few faxes, e-mail and then a tel call from them. The licence number appeared to start with 813 (all numbers) but in fact it was 8 (eight) i (india) 3 (three) after correcting this code it registered perfectly. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone