AVG 8 updates

aine 18:24 06 Nov 2008

I am having a problem updating the above. The update says connection fails. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it to no avail. Both of our PCs are having the same problem. We are using MS firewalls, so according to AVG this should not be a problem, are anyone else having this problem? it would be appreciated if any help were available. regards Aine

Technotiger 18:27 06 Nov 2008

It is not your PC - I am getting the same since earlier today, I keep trying to update, but in vain. I guess it is a problem with AVG Site updates itself. I will just keep trying.

Rahere 18:30 06 Nov 2008

It's happening a lot - note when you uninstall use the cleaner tool from their website too could make the difference

canarieslover 18:36 06 Nov 2008

Same problem here, though I have been manually up-dating once or twice a week since installing AVG8. Seems to be an on-going problem.

aine 18:41 06 Nov 2008

I will wait then and try at other times. thanks for your prompt replies, i will tick it as resolved. Aine

birdface 19:42 06 Nov 2008

yes it does not seem to be working today whatever the problem is.

cocteau48 20:00 06 Nov 2008

Just got it to update at the fifth attempt.

Halmer 20:01 06 Nov 2008

How do you stop that annoying 'the connection with update server has failed etc etc.............' from popping up every ten seconds or so?

Technotiger 20:09 06 Nov 2008

Restart your computer, the AVG icon will then regain its usual colours, and then wait until tomorrow to try the update again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?