AVG 8 Updates

Petesilver 18:01 08 May 2008

I have just installed AVG 8 free most things seem to be working OK except that my PC keeps telling me my AV is out of date and when I try to update I get the message "connection with the update server failed"
I have tried disabling firewall but it makes no difference.
Can anyone help ?? as I hate not having an up to date AV
Regards
pete

johnnyrocker 18:04 08 May 2008

most avg settings are for dial up and need changing?

johnny

irishrapter 18:26 08 May 2008

I have just update a computer with the free version of AVG 8 and it updated okay, the servers seem to be okay.

You could try and un-install your version and get the latest version here click here

I think that the latest version is 8.100a1295.

feb 18:49 08 May 2008

"most avg settings are for dial up and need changing?"

??????????????????????????????????????//

Technotiger 19:04 08 May 2008

In AVG8 open the Interface and then click on Update Manager, then untick Automatic Updates. Then check manually for updates.

Technotiger 19:06 08 May 2008

PS - having done this, it will then re-set itself to Auto update, and future updates will be OK.

Petesilver 19:08 08 May 2008

I have check setting and all seems OK dial up is blanked out and URL set OK
every thing else is working everything is active except the download manager...... OK I have manually downloaded the AV file and installed it so everything is now up to date...............
the only thing that is not working is the connection to the update server and I have tried disabling most programs that might interfere but it still does not work

Technotiger 20:01 08 May 2008

When I first installed AVG8 a few days ago, I was getting the same Update Server message problem, but since doing what I suggested above it has worked perfectly. I did not make any changes at all to anything else.

Petesilver 18:29 09 May 2008

I tried doing what you say but it still does not work.
I can only update the AV file by downloading the file and installing manually so everything is working except the connection to the download server ???????

Petesilver 17:16 17 May 2008

problem was ashampoo firewall since i completely uninstalled it AVG8 works ok and now also got BBC i player to work as well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?