AVG 8 new update, advice please.

Green 1 01:33 28 Jan 2009

Please can anybody tell me if the new version of AVG 8 is ok to download, I am not very good with computers (age) and if it went wrong I would be in a lot of trouble and probably be pestering you kind people for help to fix it, if you do think it`s ok I will put it on my computer. Many thanks for any replies I may get.

beeuuem 02:04 28 Jan 2009

I had the paid for version until December '08 (from a free offer). Returned to the free version, it works just as well and I have had no problems.It does create a restore point in System Restore when you install it but if you are really wary, manually create a restore point before you install AVG.
That should not be necessary but it does give you 'belt and braces'.

User-1229748 02:17 28 Jan 2009

just on the off chance that you bank online with barcleys that would entitle you to kaspersky internet security free of charge,otherwise this thread from skidzy will let you know what security is advisable to have,hope it helpsclick here

Green 1 02:04 29 Jan 2009

Many thanks for the help, it was very kind of you.

provider 2 10:36 29 Jan 2009

I think AVG 8.0 is not as trouble-free as its predessor and judging by the requests for help in the AVG free forum click here it might be an idea if you were to consider something else.

Also, I don`t think AVG free version provides as much protection as you might expect: click here

Avast Home (free) is probably the best alternative: click here since it continues to perform well and has a sound reputation, epecially in updating automatically.

(Removing AVG is best done using this tool: click here. You probably have the 32-bit version.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?