avg 8 help

Adrienne-512217 19:11 06 Jun 2008

I have started using AVG 8 and when it has finished scanning it says there are no threats but has a warning list and each one says potentionaly dangerous and I have put them in the vault. Why does AVG not call these a threat, and I am worried that the vault will fill up very quickly. This never happened on 7.5. I am thinking of changing to Avast.

ronalddonald 23:17 06 Jun 2008

click here
even ive had problems no ive just uninstalled it and using avira. search the forums for free anti virus software.

bluto1 23:41 06 Jun 2008

I had some problems in the last 3 days so I disabled my Avast and loaded AVG 8. After a 2.5 hour scan over 2000 malware items were found. I ignored them, uninstalled AVG8 and ran Avast4, updated, and found nothing. I then ran cCleaner and it cleared over 3Mb of rubbish. Most of my problem was solved, but as far as I'm concerned AVG8 is out.

birdface 09:05 07 Jun 2008

If it was Active X problems ignore it.i get 190 every time I scan.If you have spywareblaster you will have to go in to it and make sure that all protection is enabled.Just a bit of a conflict between AVG.Spybot and SpywareBlaster.

Adrienne-512217 13:31 10 Jun 2008

just to say many thanks for your help have started to look around

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

These beautiful, mesmerising & subtle GIFs celebrate 30 years of the artform

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017