AVG 7.5 free version

Solartopi 17:44 27 Feb 2007

Hi Folks,

Each time AVG updates, it says 100% then the Icon neat the Clock turns grey and a note comes up telling me to to restart my computer. Is this common with all who have the Free Version.

Plesae let me know.

Thanks

Solartopi

tf07 17:47 27 Feb 2007

No it never asked me to restart

Diemmess 17:50 27 Feb 2007

No such problem with my 7.5 free version.

Suggest you try uninstall/reinstall. I can happen with almost anything that a vital line of code goes walkabout.

Solartopi 18:03 27 Feb 2007

tf07, Diemmess,

Thanks. I will do the uninstall & reinstall

birdface 19:37 27 Feb 2007

It will only tell you to restart if it is a large download.It may be that you are just recieving the 446 version,If it has been two or three weeks since you done an up-date,I would just do a restart.If not uninstall run C Cleaner and install it again.Can it be it is just your shield that is turned off.

p;3 20:06 27 Feb 2007

click here may give you some clues; I am on win 98se and used to have this issue intil I programed it to install instantly except with the large downloads where it does go grey

however, you may well choose to reinstall it; if you do please post back as to the change in colour?

Simsy 20:41 27 Feb 2007

on your settings on in the update manager...

You can have it set so that, having downloaded the update, if a computer restart is needed, it wont be effective until next time you start the PC.

If you have it set like this then you wont be asked... and you'll not be aware of any restart requirement.

I don't think this is your issue if you're really being asked every time... but I point it out for the benefit of others.

Regards,

Simsy

daxian 22:19 27 Feb 2007

hi all .....
I am having the same problem ,only happens on my new machine though, no probs on the older machine.
I thought it might be something to do with it being an am2 board and a dual core processor,
because both machines are running xp home and im useing the same download of avg on both machines .

I have tried the uninstall and reinstall route and still have the same problem.Dave....

Solartopi 17:44 02 Mar 2007

Hi All,

I have uninstalled & reinstalled AVG 7.5 free addition. it all works well now normally.

Thanks ALL

Solartopi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?