AVG 7.0 Installation Problems

Sweet William 19:29 24 Jan 2005

Update problems prompted me to uninstall the free edition of AVG 7.0. When trying to reinstall I received two error messages. Firstly "Initialisation of the language file C\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\setup.lns failed. General failure". Secondly "Could not initialise AVG Anti-Virus kernel interface. Application cannot run".

GaT7 01:03 25 Jan 2005

See if these relate to your problems click here & click here.

A fresh install may cure it - "If all else fails lets get radical and do a complete new install step by step" - click here.

If still no joy, I'd suggest you post your problems at the AVG forum, under Installation Issues click here. Good luck, G

PS - you've inadvertently created two similar threads. Please close the other one click here & leave this one open.

Sweet William 15:02 25 Jan 2005

My sincere thanks for your help Crossbow 7. I am now back to square one, in so far as I have now managed to install a version of AVG 7 dated 26/12/04. The update facility is still not working and it was trying to correct this that caused my problems to start with. I will now visit the Grisoft Forum and concentrate on "Updates". Since I tried so many different approaches, I am unable to pinpoint which activity got me back to "square one". One thing I did note on checking the "Properties" of the file downloaded was that access to my computer was blocked because information was coming from a third party computer. Obviously I allowed access.

Djohn 15:21 25 Jan 2005

You will see a message stating that a connection could not be made and to check your settings. This is normal and one that we all see when the server is busy. Don't alter your settings but check for up-dates early morning or late in the evening when you can usualy get through first time.

anon1 15:48 25 Jan 2005

avg7 in 2004 was a paid for version you need to install avg7 free
click here

Djohn 15:50 25 Jan 2005

There was a release of the free version of AVG 7 in Dec. 04. I think that Sweet William will have the correct one.

Sweet William 15:59 25 Jan 2005

Many thanks Djohn and anon1. I did in fact have the free version. By visiting the Grisoft Forum I was able to resolve the updating problem - I did a manual update. If I had visited the Forum to start with I could have saved myself a lot of time and trouble!

anon1 16:01 25 Jan 2005

i stand corrected :-) i found with a couple of friends computers that they had problems updating so i got them to download the file and double click to install. that worked where trying to "install now" didnt. just a thought

Djohn 16:17 25 Jan 2005

Version 7 did bring quite a few headaches with it on first release, many members of this forum have had more than a couple of problems in installing/setting up.

I had several attempts myself using different configurations, help from the Grisoft forum and the members of this forum. Its working pretty much to my satisfaction now but still not resolved the problem of AVG insisting on including its Checked by message as an attachment in Outlook 2003 instead of placing it at the foot of the mail as it should do. :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?