AVG 7 Pro?

Gaz 25 19:05 02 Dec 2003

Should I buy it?

Does it offer anything better than the Free version?

Thanks, Gareth.

Gaz 25 22:51 02 Dec 2003

Ok I am using the trial...

It is great... But oddly does not detect EICAR or Nachia if I put them there myself.. Only if it comes through on the net... Ummm.

Anyway it seems good, can anyone tell me why if I copy and paste for example the EICAR string and save it as a text file, it does not detect it... All settings are ENABLED.

VoG II 22:54 02 Dec 2003

I would be seriously worried about any anti-virus that does not detect EICAR. Even my trusty McAfee detects it. LOL.

Jester2K II 22:56 02 Dec 2003

I tried the BETA of AVG 7 and see no reason to upgrade for the average Home user (including myself) unless you want a more complicated program layout.

What were they thinking with that interface of interlocking boxes? Messy....

Gaz 25 23:01 02 Dec 2003

VoG

A lot of people here use AVG, but it is odd why it aint detect it. Only if I load it from the net.

Jester IIk

I know... but the interlocking boxes can be changed to sort of blue ticks instead. Looks good actually.

Gaz 25 23:15 02 Dec 2003

Noticed a bug I think...

If I copy the EICAR string and save it from notepad as a .com file, it detects it.

But, if I save it as a txt file it does not. Then if I rename the text file to .com (and I have done this, as the icon changes to a MS DOS icon) it opens the virus without warning. Does this on 2 systems.

BUG!

Dan 10:16 03 Dec 2003

maybe you should mention it to avg

Gaz 25 10:52 03 Dec 2003

Yeah. It does seem like quite a worrying bug.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?