AVG 7 Free update

Lionheart ? 17:25 26 Nov 2004

Added detection of new variant of:-

I-Worm/Yanz.B.

New variant of trojan PSW.Banker.

jimv7 17:28 26 Nov 2004

TVM.

Mango Grummit 17:30 26 Nov 2004

I admit to returning to AVG just lately but doesn't this now update automatically using the standard installation? It does here!

Lionheart ? 17:57 26 Nov 2004

Yes, you are right, it will update automatically.

But the way I look at it is, if I have set it to update first think in the morning and there isn't an update then, but one later on in the day and I don't check.

Then I would be running AVG without the latest protection until the following morning. So I manually check periodically through the day.

Mango Grummit 18:35 26 Nov 2004

Yup, fairenuffsky but -- They are all like that, they can't get a grip until after the virus is afoot. They do not and cannot know about it until then. Trojan hunters (spybot hunters, adbots, spyware n whatnots lol) are just the same.

So you see, same day/next-day/or the day after -- that is the soonest you can get.

But you cannot ever be in front and that is why posting latest updates of these things is non-essential (and pointless) to regular computer/internet users.

But for the occasional user who just happened to be browsing about, came across this site, registered and moved the membership up a bit, spotted your post, acted accordingly and moved on -- your post would have been invaluable, probably.

Lionheart ? 18:38 26 Nov 2004

May be I am just Paranoid :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?