Avenue A inc.

swapper 11:36 29 Mar 2004

Over the last week I have started to get a message from SpyBot that it has blocked Avenue A inc. every time that I log in PC Advisor.

I had this happen some time back, that is why I am using SpyBot, but now, everytime that I O.K. the message from Spybot, my PC Advisor page goes blank and stays blank, I have to go back to the previous screen and start again, sometimes doing this two of three times, all very annoying.
Any ideas please?

cycoze 11:42 29 Mar 2004

It`s most probably down to the advertising on the site , a cookie or something , nothing to worry about , get spybot to block it or kill it every so often.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:07 29 Mar 2004

..it does help pay for the running costs of the site, allow it and delete your temp internet and cookie files once a week. It will do no harm ;-))

G

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:27 29 Mar 2004

Goto the imunise bit in soybot and select block bad pages silently then u dint get the popup.

Regards.

edstowe 13:41 29 Mar 2004
  swapper 07:35 30 Mar 2004

Thanks for the imput :-)
I'll give every suggestion a try.
What I don't understand though is why the PC advisor goes blank and I have to come out, and return to the page, sometimes two or three times, but perhaps I can now resolve it, thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?