Avenue A INC.

vinnyo123 03:23 11 Feb 2004

I come here often and just noticed that before PC advisor page displays, Avenue A INC wants to download a cookie (for adware ,which my adware program detects)via atlas DMT cookie. I am customed to blocking this always but this time after blocking it seems like Ave. A inc. is stopping PC advisors homepage from loading.I got here by linking through Google. I have PC advisor in my favorites via IE.I am thinking of deleting from favorites and adding updated one.Would this stop Ave A from interupting my session with PC advisor sight .

Any input on this or similiar problems thanks....

vinnyo123 04:07 11 Feb 2004

tried updateing favorites no luck.Took me alot of tries to get back here o boy this is annoying!

Jester2K 07:19 11 Feb 2004

Open up SpyBot and switch it to Block Sliently.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:23 11 Feb 2004

Why not let it load...kinda pays for the site and it will do no harm on your computer. Not really worth bothering about.

G

vinnyo123 02:12 13 Feb 2004

Honestly I would let it load but I just have this thing with companies downloading things without users even knowing about it. I was just trying to see why it was stopping page from loading.

MAJ 10:12 13 Feb 2004

If you do a search and find the HOSTS file, it should be at C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc, and open it in Notepad, then add these three seperate lines to it:
127.0.0.1 sview.avenuea.com
127.0.0.1 view.avenuea.com
127.0.0.1 click.avenuea.com

save the HOSTS file again and hopefully you shouldn't get anymore popups from them, vinnyo123.

MAJ 10:14 13 Feb 2004

If you do a search and find the HOSTS file, it should be at C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc, and open it in Notepad, then add these three seperate lines to it:

127.0.0.1 sview.avenuea.com

127.0.0.1 view.avenuea.com

127.0.0.1 click.avenuea.com

save the HOSTS file again and hopefully you shouldn't get anymore popups from them, vinnyo123.

vinnyo123 14:28 22 Feb 2004

I would look into that MAj looks interesting ,but gonna see if spyprogram can block silent.Thanks again.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:42 22 Feb 2004

'hopefully you shouldn't get anymore popups from them'....sigh...why not just let it load, it helps to pay for an expensive site or would you prefer subscriptions? Delete your cookies once a fortnight and all will be well.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?