Avast unable to scan incoming mail

hiwatt 11:39 09 Nov 2007

Hi folks,I just got an alert from avast saying it cannot scan incoming mail and to check that my firewall isn't stopping it from doing so.This is the first this has happend so I wouldn't have thought it was the firewall.How can I check if it is?Thanks.

johnnyrocker 11:41 09 Nov 2007

any recent updates etc?

johnny

hiwatt 11:44 09 Nov 2007

Avast and Comodo firewall have both been updated this morning.Thanks.

johnnyrocker 11:49 09 Nov 2007

was it ok prior? how about (if xp) system restore to before issue?

johnny

hiwatt 11:53 09 Nov 2007

Yep all was ok.I just got this pop up from avast this morning saying it wont be able to scan incoming mail and to check the firewall.I think I'll wait untill the next avast update incase it fixes it before doing a system restore.Thanks.

rdave13 15:20 09 Nov 2007

In Comodo click on the Secutity icon (top left) then 'application monitor' (left) and scroll down the list to ashMaiSv.exe. Make sure all have the tick and allow under permission. If not then click and use the edit tab to change to allow.

bluto1 22:55 09 Nov 2007

I'm saying this from memory.
Click on your Avast4 icon as though you were going to do a scan. Stop the memory scan and when the grey 'engine' appears go to the top left hand corner and click on the upward pointing arrow. You should be able to get help here, I think near the bottom of the list that appeare.
Hope I'm right!!!:-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?