Avast settings

gudda96 09:48 12 Apr 2004

Can anyone tell me the correct settings please to ensure my mail is certified in and out when using Avast.

rawprawn 10:32 12 Apr 2004

Right clickthe Avast icon in the system tray/ click Avast on line scanner/ click internet mail/ click customise button/Under the POP tab make sure there is a tick in Scan inbound mail/ Under the SMTP tab make sure there is a tick i Scan Outbound mail.

gudda96 11:08 12 Apr 2004

Rawprawn

I cannot reach that box by r/c on Avast but I can if I D/L/C/internet mail/customize/pop 2 ticks/smtp top and bottom ticked/IMAP two ticks/

Still no cert on mail, what am I doing wrong.

rawprawn 11:33 12 Apr 2004

I'm sorry I can't seem to get a certified message either. I assume you mean the ones that appear at the bottom of the emails sent & recieved. I know avast does it as I have had it before, but I think having put the settings into Avast it is then a question of configuring your email settings. I don't know what you are using I am on Outlook 2000. Unfortunately I don't have time to play with it right now but I suspect it depends on whether you are sending html or plain text. Good luck.
PS I think Avast is the best free AV on the web & even if you cant get it to print a message you are still covered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone