Avast problems

Creditman 15:25 06 Apr 2006

After installing Avast!4 (on Windows XP Home sp2) I cannot connect to Outlook Express 6. On the Avast help page there are some notes about possible email problems but I don't understand what I should do. Also when installing Avast there was a compatibility problem with ZoneAlarm & Avast said it had to turn off ZoneAlarm. So now I dont't have a firewall & I begin to wonder whether it's worth perseveribng with Avast ! Can anyone help with these 2 problems please ? Thanks

sampbar12 15:30 06 Apr 2006

Hi

I use avast with thunderbird i had great problems getting my emails to work but i found an easy solution i just reinstalled thunderbird and set my email scanning settings to the highest possible setting and it worked o and a good firewall which is compatible with avast is sunbelt kerio personal firewall this is also free.

sampbar12

Stuartli 17:13 06 Apr 2006

I use Avast! with Firefox, Thunderbird, Outlook Express, Internet Explorer and ZoneAlarm and there are no compatibility problems.

The e-mail protection is automatic in most recent versions.

If you read Avast!'s Help section regarding mail protection you may spot/realise what is/may be wrong with your configuration.

Julip 17:26 06 Apr 2006

I have Avast, ZoneAlarm and Outlook Express 6 running and have had no problems. I seem to remember that when I set up Avast there was a box that needed to be ticked if I was using ZoneAlarm. I suspect the problem is a known conflict between Avast and ZoneAlarm. I have both turned on and running well. I think that Stuartli is right and that you need to check the Avast set up. If you still have problems I have found that the Avast E-mail help is quick and very efficient.

premier man 17:40 06 Apr 2006

Ihave Avast and Zone Alarm,
no problems at all

Creditman 18:07 06 Apr 2006

Many thanks to all you guys !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?