Avast + Norton antivirus

Alkan 21:57 14 Apr 2004

Is it possible to run these 2 antivirus programms together on the same computor PC.

general advise is that they will conflict and cause system problems. What could these be?

Is any one else running these together and does it work OK for them?
Which do you consider the best.

Alkan.

VoG II 22:01 14 Apr 2004

NOOOO!

They will be chasing each other's tails. Choose one (only) and stick with it.

GaT7 22:21 14 Apr 2004

Sorry if I appear to be a spoilsport, but having 2 or more antivirus (or firewall) programs on the same PC is generally not a good idea. IMHO you're only asking for trouble.

QQAA 22:48 14 Apr 2004

i guess some people do keep two antivirus tools in their systems but are only running one of them for the purpose of memory-resident protection.

the other tool is utilised for disk-scanning only, as a kind of double-checking when doubts arised on the presence of virus traces in their systems.

but with the availability of free online virus scanning from antivirus vendors such as symantec, trend micro, panda, mcafee, and bitdefender, the advantage of maintaining two antivirus tools has diminished somewhat.

johnnyrocker 22:50 14 Apr 2004

not a good idea.

johnny.

Alkan 20:19 15 Apr 2004

Thankyou
Vog,Crossbow7,QQAA and johnnyrocker for your quick reply to the above query.
When my subsription to Norton expires I will stay with Avast or AGV, which one do you think is the best?
Thanks, Alkan

GaT7 21:56 15 Apr 2004

Well, that depends - some like the one over the other for various reasons.

Have a look at these Freeware Antivirus Group tests to help you better decide: 1. click here to read the article. 2. Another article - click here (see page 2 as well). Good luck, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?