Avast Home Help

ACOLYTE 12:08 01 Mar 2006

Hi all,

Can someone tell me please how to turn off the cd scanning option when i insert them into the drive,as i am having error's trying to load them on to the hard drive.I looked in the event viewer
and it tell me it has had an error trying to scan the autorun.exe:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: avast!
Event Category: Client
Event ID: 90
Date: 28/02/2006
Time: 14:49:28
User: N/A
Computer: ATHLON
Description:
AAVM - scanning error: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx: avfilesScanReal of D:\setup\rsrc\Autorun.exe failed, 0000001E.

this is stoping the cd's loading and giving windows an error and freeze.I have looked in the Avast option's and cannot see the right thing to disable,there is lots of thing running lol.I am new to Avast and do not want to turn off the wrong thing.

mattyc_92 12:24 01 Mar 2006

I think that would be the "Standard Sheild". Disable this by double-clicking the Avast! icon from the System Tray and click onto "Details"
Now, select the "Standard Sheild" feature, and click "Terminate". Click "Start" to restart it.

I would disconnect from the internet before doing this, just incase :-)

vinnyT 12:39 01 Mar 2006

If you try mattyc_92 suggestion and it doesn't work, try;

Right click the avast icon; -Program settings-Exclusions then add the drive letter of your cd drive to stop avast scanning this drive, I think that should work, but am not sure.

Hope this helps.

ACOLYTE 21:14 01 Mar 2006

Thx for the help guys,but i tried both options and it had no effect i still get a warning in event viewer and the cd's dont load.I think there is another process running as it still tries to scan the cd.

mattyc_92 09:57 02 Mar 2006

Disable Avast!... Right-click the icon in the system tray and select "Stop On-Access Protection"

You would need to disconnect from the internet, as Avast will be temporary disabled (it will automatically turn on the next time you log onto the system, or you can enable it manually)

ACOLYTE 12:07 02 Mar 2006

Thx mattyc_92 that did the trick,loaded without problems,i would like to know the process that scans though it seems's silly having to disable avast just to install from a cd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires