Avast forum attack?

hiwatt 21:32 31 May 2014

Hi folks, I don't know if this is relatively old news?Avast's community forum was hacked? click here it's been quite a task to find the most up to date version of Avast.Filehippo haven't updated it for months and I personally wouldn't go near Cnet after a bad experience. Is there still a lot here who use Avast? I'm curious jst how better(if at all)Avast performs than that of MSE,Avira,AVG etc? Any opinions on what the best free anti virus program is are bound to be differing but would be interseting to hear? Thanks folks.

Lately

john bunyan 21:42 31 May 2014

I have used Avira for a couple of years (free) and have had no problems. My grandchildren have AVG. I think MSE is less reliable.

spuds 23:08 31 May 2014

I have Avast on all my machines, which updates daily automatically. Used it for ages with no problems.

If you want the latest free version of Avast, try Majorgeeks which shows latest version release dated 19/05/2014. Majorgeeks click here

rdave13 23:33 31 May 2014

Best AV for me is Avast, program version 2014.9.0.2018 - stupid numbers again. Definition numbers even more stupid.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 08:53 01 Jun 2014

MSE - unless, even MS admit it

Avg - bloated use on a laptop (because it came with it on)

Avira - good (use on a desktop)

Avast - good (used on main PC for years)

Ian in Northampton 08:59 01 Jun 2014

For all the 'major' stuff, such as security software, I'd always go to www.ninite.com. You're guaranteed an infection-free, latest version of the software, plus it self-installs and automagically says 'no' to all the crap you don't want. Worth a look.

Very happy Avast user here, btw. Left AVG a couple of years back because it was getting silly and, as Fruit Bat meant to say, even MS admit MSE doesn't compare well with other offerings.

Belatucadrus 12:21 01 Jun 2014

I've just started to use 360 Internet security only been running it for a week but so far so good and I like the fact that I can run the browser and e-mail client sandboxed, nice additional cover on an oldish XP laptop.

hiwatt 13:01 01 Jun 2014

Thanks for the opinions folks. I too have been using Avast for quite a few years now and I'm happy with it.I just wanted to see what other users preferred. I used to use Avira but was getting quite a lot of blue screen crashes and have been fine since switching to Avast.(Fingers crossed)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?