Avast AV message !!!

Petesilver 19:23 30 Mar 2010

please can you help I have had this message from my avast anti virus which I don't really understand or why it should happen now as nothing has changed on my PC windows XP.Also I don't know how to do what it is asking ??

Avast ! has detected a secure connection from your mail program (process msimn,exe)to pop server
65.54.51.39 (65.54.51.39)
This type of connection cannot be checked for viruses,Please disable SSL/TLS in your mail client so that the Mail Scanner can scan your mail.The Mail Scanner will provide the SSL/TLS security itself.

As I am always wary about making changes can anyone advise of what I should do,
I am somewhat confused as to why it should happen now as I have had no problems since I installed avast over a year ago all that has changed is the new avast which was installed a couple of months ago.

Batch 09:04 31 Mar 2010

Google Mail suggests (requires?) that you set up their mail accounts with a secure connection. Most ordinary ISP provided mail accounts don't.

Do you have Google Mail?

Batch 09:09 31 Mar 2010

FYI, I just tried turning off the secure connection setting for Google Mail (just on the inbound side) and it still seemed to work OK. And as the message from Avast says - it will take care of it.

Petesilver 12:13 31 Mar 2010

yes I have google mail ??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017