Avast Antivirus

1jacks64 21:54 17 Nov 2003

Does anyone have this antivirus product and if so do you recommend it?

I had Norton Antivirus 2002 free with my Dell computer but the free updates that came with it have now stopped and it says I now have to buy a subscription. Does anyone know how much this will cost and how long these updates last if I buy them?

MichelleC 21:58 17 Nov 2003

I tried Avast for a few months after NAV live update went pear-shaped. Avast missed 3 bugs which Housecall picked up. I now use free AVG and it misses nothing.

misters 21:59 17 Nov 2003

I have Avast and not had a problem YET fingers crossed.

Belatucadrus 22:06 17 Nov 2003

Alwils avast4 ! click here This has the best results on the Virus Bulletin tests click here for any free anti virus. The scan scheduler is disabled, but you can set it to scan during screensaver, updates are incremental and fully automatic. Highly recommended.

Have been using Avast! for quite some time now and also highly recommend it.

Wak 09:42 18 Nov 2003

Thanks to Belatucadrus, I also now use Avast and would recommend it.
As it automatically updates, you don't have to mess about looking for them all the time or rely on someone else in the forum to remind you about updating.

Jester2K II 09:49 18 Nov 2003

AVG click here also Auto Updates - however both AVAST and AVG need an open Internet connection or need to need to be configured to dial out on their own to perform an Auto Update. So any comments about "looking for updates" and "someone in the forum reminding you" are pointless. It just one of those things that users of AVG tend to tell each other about it.

rawprawn 10:10 18 Nov 2003

I use Avast & I am really pleased with it, yes it does need an internet connection but mine updates itself each time I go on the net. (it updated this morning as I came to PCA The only problem I find is that it tries to update when I pickup my email in the morning & because Outlook is set to disconnect after checking, Avast doesn't have time to download, but it tells me.Anyway if you are worried you can check manually.

wizkidwall_03 11:02 18 Nov 2003

i recomend avg if you don't want to pay anything it's free and i have never had any problems

Mike ® 11:45 18 Nov 2003

I find that the annual reminder to renew my NAV subscription, serves as a reminder to format my hdd and reinstall NAV and everthing else (you have to read between the lines).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?