Avast Antii-Virus & Windows security alert

MartynHoll 22:42 16 Mar 2006

I have a Windows security alert saying that my anti-virus s/w may be off or out of date - I have checked and it is neither! How do I get rid of the alert (it happened after I installed IE 7 beta! i have now uninstalled IE7)

terryf 22:51 16 Mar 2006

Did you set up a restore point or look for a restore point before IE7 and go back to it

ACOLYTE 02:16 17 Mar 2006

Just somthing to check,see if your clock is set to the right timezone/date and the right time,as the updates are coded for a date/time so if the clock is wrong the update will be showing out of date.If it is then try what terryf suggested).

MartynHoll 08:03 17 Mar 2006

Thanks, I have checked the time zone and it is OK. I did go back to a restore point to uninstall and still like it!

Belatucadrus 11:55 17 Mar 2006

You could disable the anti virus security alert.
First open Windows Security centre via the Control panel. Then expand the "Resources" panel by clicking on the double chevron to the right of the Resources title. Select "Change the way security centre alerts me" and untick the Virus protection option.

With avast being as automated as it is this should be quite safe, but I've got the Windows warning active and it's never posted an outdated signature warning for avast!, so you may have another problem somewhere else.

MartynHoll 11:59 17 Mar 2006

Thanks for that - I did think of doing that, but I would rather find why Windows has started to report this after using IE 7 Beta!

MartynHoll 17:02 17 Mar 2006

Acolyte

I have re-checked the date and it was on 17th July 2006! I have now out that right and problem solved, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?