Avant Browser Settings

Taw® 17:50 02 May 2004

Installed the above after a post on here and think it's great. However someone must have fiddled with the settings and I have trouble trying to get it back. When I close what should be my last page (when I wanna close the browser) the page closes but leaves the browser on like a blank page . All the buttons on the top right are inactive, I then have to go to file and then exit. Not life threatening just one of those irritable things in life

GaT7 18:02 02 May 2004

In order to close Avant Browser (AB) once & for all just click the X in the topmost right corner of your screen. Does this help or have I misunderstood?

Taw® 20:45 02 May 2004

Crossbow thanks for that. But when I press the x it closes the active window and leaves the browser with a blank screen. The x in the top right is then greyed out and not functional so I then have to go to file and select exit

GaT7 21:30 02 May 2004

Do you have the latest version of AB? - it's 9.02 Build 021. If you have the latest version try uninstalling & reinstalling. Otherwise d'load the latest & install over the version you have.

You do have Adaware, Spybot-S&D installed, don't you? Update & run the programs. If you don't, I'll give you the links when you reply. Just trying to rule out the possibility of ad/spyware that may be causing this problem.

ZEROTOLERANCE 21:56 02 May 2004

i had this same prob but soon as i downloaded the latest version it sorted its self, gotta say brilliant browser, i hardly use IE or netscape since downloading avant

Tim1964 21:57 02 May 2004

Taw,

My Avent browser does that as well. As you say, when you close down the last open window/page, it leaves a grey blank page behind and then to close it completely I right click the tab on the taskbar to close it. Agree with you it's not life or death but it does spoil what is an excellent ad-on to IE.

Taw® 10:16 03 May 2004

Yes Crossbow all up to date with browser and spyware etc. Have just reinstalled it again but same probs. As Tim reinforced not a major issue just a niggle. Looks as if it is something simple like a setting that I have missed somewhere. Will keep this post life for a short while longer and thanks to those of you who have replied

Taw® 09:08 20 May 2004

tim1964 the problem turned out to be that I was viewing in full screen mode. This meant that you couldnt see the very top menu bar. The x in the top right hand side was just the close for the page.

Tim1964 23:36 20 May 2004

Taw®

just had a play and I can only seem to have the window in 'Full screen' or 'Full desktop' which is still the same as before??????

Tim1964 23:44 20 May 2004

Sussed it. Also downloaded the latest build.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone