Autostart

Ionbarber 11:29 06 Jan 2007

When installing any dics into the disck drive, they do not start automaticaly.

Cheers in advance

VoG II 11:29 06 Jan 2007
  Stuartli 11:55 06 Jan 2007

Or scroll down to near the bottom of this page:

click here

VoG II 11:58 06 Jan 2007

Via e-mail

I new to forums, sorry about that. I have a dell laptop and I am trying to set up the disk drive to start automataly when a disk is installed, I have also noticed that it does not indicate a device has been connected via the USB port, i wonder if they are related. cheers ion

=====================================

Please respond in this thread using the Add a new response box near the bottom of this page. The yellow envelope is for invited personal messages.

Open My Computer, right click the drive, select properties. Check the settings on the Autoplay tab.

Technotiger 12:35 06 Jan 2007

Hi, and Welcome to the Forum, a good place to learn ...

following on from VoGs' suggestion, open your My Computer then right-click on the disk drives' icon, then left-click on Properties, then left-click on the Auto Play tab and then left-click on Choose an Action. Then click on OK.

Cheers

Technotiger 12:37 06 Jan 2007

PS - that last bit should have read:-

Prompt me to choose an action. (not just Choose an action).

Technotiger 13:50 06 Jan 2007

Ionbarber

we are not telling you off, we realise that you are new to the Forum, all newcomers are most welcome. But, one should use the Yellow Envelope to email other Members, by Invitation only!

Date: Sat, 06/01/2007 | 13:36

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Thanks for the reply. I did try that without success. I have also noticed that if I plug in a device into a usb port the pc notice a device but does not prompt me if I want to use it?? Any suggestions as I completely lost on this one.

To answer your email - has this problem only started recently? if so, perhaps a System Restore might solve it. On the question of not showing USB items, have you tried a different USB socket.

Technotiger 13:53 06 Jan 2007

Hmm, I have just read your 'email' above again - re USB, connecting a USB device does not create a prompt for its' use, you simply use it for whatever you are doing or intending to do. It does usually however, deliver a Audible alert that a device has been connected.

Technotiger 15:03 06 Jan 2007

By email .. I have explained futher to our new member Ionbarber ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes that worked. thank you, I carried out a system restore. I have also been trying to connect the same pc to my wireless network, without success. I have the network in my choose wireless connection, i enter the wep key code etc, but it just does not connect.

I have also explained that he should create a new Thread for his last question into the Networking Forum.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone