autoroute runs on one account but not on another!

john 11:22 20 Sep 2007

I have a Laptop running Vista Home Premium, I have tried to install MS Autoroute 2005 but I have a problem.

I am the only account holder and I am using administrator rights. I installed MS Autoroute which appeared to install correctly. When I try to run the program it will not start, it says that "the registry settings for this application were not copied correctly" and to install the application again.

I've reinstalled several times but still the same.

I uninstalled the program and then created a new user account with admisitrator rights, I installed Autoroute while logged into this account and it works fine. Still it wont run in my original account.

Any ideas as to why this would happen and how I can make the program run in all accounts?

Thanks in advance.
John

Clapton is God 11:54 20 Sep 2007

You should find a shortcut to Autoroute in C:/Documents and Settings/New account name/Start Menu/Programs.

Move that shortcut to C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu/Programs.

john 12:40 20 Sep 2007

Thanks for the reply, there doesn't seem to be a folder 'documents and settings' on C. Is this for Vista?

Clapton is God 13:05 20 Sep 2007

No, it's for XP.

As you're running Vista, I suggest that you look for the whatever it may now be called!

john 16:56 20 Sep 2007

Still no joy I'm afraid.

I did find that Vista doesn't have 'doc and settings folder', it is now 'user' folder, but even though I have all files and folders visible, I can't find the file that you mention.

Anyone else familiar with the Vista OS that may be able to shed some light on this please?

I just don't understand why I have access to Autoroute via the start menu in both user accounts, but it will only run when I am logged into one of them.

Blaugranos 09:59 21 Oct 2007

Vista All Users Start Menu:
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

Vista Account Start Menu:
- C:\Users\*Account Name*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?