I have tried everything that has already been advised in other threads (Microsoft fix tool, Nero patch, Registry changes) all without success. The only likely suggestion I have seen is that it might be some conflict - but no suggestion on how to fix it.
I am on XP/SP2 with fairly up to date service.
Is it just a hopeless case where I have to wait till I go to Vista or do a complete re-install?
Autoplay disable/enable 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER. 2. Locate and click the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom 3. To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero). To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1. 4. Restart your computer.
It showed autoinsert as on so I set it off (and Exited the program) then went back in and set it on. Still no joy.
I am not sure this is an autoinsert problem - it just might be. I am sure that it is some registry problem somewhere that has been set by some program - not sure what. I just have not found what it is yet.
btw: If I run the4 microsoft autoplay fix tool it reports a problem but is unable to fix it