Automatic form filling, what software required

Ray5776 20:54 16 Jul 2006

Hello everyone,
The reason I ask this is that I buy quite a lot of things on the internet and also download programs etc.
Every time I want to do this I have to type in all my details (one key at a time in my case)
I understand that there is software available that can do form filling for you ie. you type in a code or just the first letter of the line and it does the rest for you.

Can anyone help on this please I have tried the Google toolbar Autofill but it is useless (or maybe it`s me)

Ray

brundle 20:55 16 Jul 2006

Maybe this click here will help

Mr Mistoffelees 20:58 16 Jul 2006

Try changing your internet browser, the Wand in Opera 9 will do what you require.

Ray5776 16:10 17 Jul 2006

thanks brundle I will give it a try.
Mr Mistoffelees, I have heard of Opera but very few people seem to use it, what`s its advantages over Firefox (apart from the wand).
Anyone else use Opera or have any comments about it.

Stuartli 16:13 17 Jul 2006

In Internet Explorer go to Tools>Internet Options>Content tab>AutoComplete and configure as necessary for AutoComplete.

Stuartli 16:15 17 Jul 2006

I'm presuming you use Internet Explorer - Firefox has a similar facility (Tools>Options>Security>Saved forms tab).

Stuartli 16:18 17 Jul 2006

Just noticed you use Firefox..:-)

Ray5776 19:30 17 Jul 2006

Hi,
Tried the Roboform program suggested by brundle, it dosen`t work of course but at least I can find the place to enter my details which is a starting point.
Has anyone else tried this bit of software, it actually looks exactly what I require but like a lot of programs the instructions are written by those that are familiar with it and therefore assume things which are not necessarily that obvious to the person
who is trying to use it for the first time.

Leepy Lee 20:43 17 Jul 2006

Google Toolbar
Autofill feature...

Ray5776 23:04 17 Jul 2006

Leepy Lee
Google Toolbar
Autofill feature...
Useless

Ray5776 23:18 17 Jul 2006

Google autofill now greyed out anyway, when I could access it it did nothing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?