automatic email subject line?

Simsy 20:25 21 Feb 2007

Folks,

I hope this is the right forum!...

A friend has recently set up a website for their business. It has a contact page which includes their business email address, which has now started receiving a lot of spam...

Now I know there are lots of possible solutions to help avoiding this, and appropriate action will be taken, but I've had an idea and I wonder if it can be implemeted easily into the site code...

I've suggested that a message appears by the email address indicating that a particular phrase needs to apper in the subject line of any email sent, or the email will be deleted without being read. A message rule can be set up on this email address, in the email client to implement this.

I know the code for a hyperlink to send an email is straitforward... my question is;

Is it easy/possible to have a hyperlink that not only brings up the email message, (ie "mailto"), but also inserts a default text in the Subject field?

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 09:02 22 Feb 2007

of slightly the opposite of what you suggest; Text inserted by default into the subject field that ISN'T deleted, so the message rule would look for it... but it boils down to the same thing...

Whichever way it applies, the query is, can such text be inserted into the subject field automatically by clicking on the hyperlink on the webpage?

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 13:26 22 Feb 2007

forum member... I've just realised what you've done!

Reading too quickly!

Your point about the bot's is noted. I'll pass the info on and we'll see how we get on!

Many thanks.

I'll close this one now.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?