Autofill

mike40 08:59 15 Mar 2009

Hi All

I see there are several posts on this subject but none seem very conclusive. Over the last few weeks each time I try to use it I get the message. Not available on this page. I know some do not support it but this happens on almost all even on this page. Has anyone any idea why it should suddenly start doing it. I use IE7 pro

Many thanks

mike40 09:07 18 Mar 2009

bump

mfletch 10:58 18 Mar 2009

Hi

Try right click on the IEpro icon then click on preferences>modules

Untick auto form filler click ok

Exit IE then open IE the put the tick back in Auto form filler,

This may start it working again

mike40 18:18 18 Mar 2009

Hi mflecth

Sorry I have been out all day. I have just checked that and found there was no tick in the suggested box. I did as you suggested but am afraid it did not work. Have you any other suggestions. The only thing I can think of I did try IE8 but did not like it so I reverted back to IE7 and the problem seemed to start after that.

Thanks for you help

Mike

mfletch 18:31 18 Mar 2009

I have one other suggestion,

I dont use the windows auto form filler I use Roboform {it becomes free after 30 days or so} but you are limited to 10 pass words but the auto fill still works and it more secure than IE;s

Check it out

click here

mike40 18:38 18 Mar 2009

Thanks very much for that. I have downloaded it and will give it a try. I have been fiddling with all the settings but am still unable to get it to work in IE7. I will leave the tread open for a while just in case someone else has any idea. Once again many thanks

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?