Autocomplete Outlook 2003

Jasper1973 10:16 05 Sep 2007

I am running Outlook 2003 on XP. I have the autocomplete for names typed in the "To" field as switched on. During a session this field retains the email addresses I have sent mail to, and if I send to them again it offers suggestions as it should.
The problem is that if I re-boot my PC I have to fully re-type the addresses or find them from the contact list.
I have checked with a friend and he appears to have the same settings in Outlook 2003 as me, but his retains this info between sessions.
Anyone aware of this problem, and is there a fix?

Thanks

Jasper1973 13:24 05 Sep 2007

The problem is that if I re-boot my PC I have to fully re-type the addresses or find them from the contact list.
I have checked with a friend and he appears to have the same settings in Outlook 2003 as me, but his retains this info between sessions.

Thanks

Jasper1973 13:24 05 Sep 2007

I am running Outlook 2003 on XP. I have the autocomplete for names typed in the "To" field as switched on. During a session this field retains the email addresses I have sent mail to, and if I send to them again it offers suggestions as it should.

Woolwell 14:58 05 Sep 2007

What anti-virus, anti-malware program are you running and is this different from your friend? It could be that your autocomplete is being deleted by one of these programs when you power down.

Jasper1973 15:33 05 Sep 2007

We are both running AVG and the set up appears to be the same.
Its not life and death - but it is bloody annoying!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?