auto run

newgee 14:23 11 Jan 2003
  newgee 14:23 11 Jan 2003

Can any one help me please im running on win xp pro.. and all of a sudden when inserting a cd in any of my 2 drives it will not auto run or bring up the screen in which you select a task to do with the disc ive tried all sorts including....going to the drive itself and selcting auto run in properties done please help me thanks..

graham 14:28 11 Jan 2003

Go to control panel, double click the drive, double click the contents. Unless it's an installation disk with lots of contents.

newgee 16:37 11 Jan 2003

tried this graham and still when i insert a cd e.g audio cd it wont auto run still or bring up the screen where you choose an action to perform with the cd cheers anyway mate anything else would be great.

beeuuem 16:59 11 Jan 2003

This thread may help you
click here

newgee 18:46 11 Jan 2003

just tried the powertoy mate it didnt work cheers anyway anything else??

Chris777 18:57 11 Jan 2003

It's a long shot, but give it a whirl:

run regedit, find "nodrivetypeautorun"
make sure each key's data value is set to 91 hex (or 145 decimal) .... if it isn't, change it ! After checking/editing each key, press F3 to move onto the next... by the way, you'll probably find 6 or 7 of these "nodrivetypeautorun" keys in the registry. let me know how you get on,Good Luck !

Chris777 19:19 11 Jan 2003

Just to add.... you may well have to reboot after doing the changes.

newgee 11:33 12 Jan 2003

uve well lost me mate im not that well up whats regedit?

VoG™ 11:50 12 Jan 2003

Start, Run, in the box enter REGEDIT and OK.

The first thing you nmust do is create a backup by going to File/Export and save a copy to the desktop or somjewhere else convenient. If things get messed up you can double-click the backup ro restore the registry.

Then Edit/Find, enter

nodrivetypeautorun

and follow Chris777's instructions.

graham 11:52 12 Jan 2003

Start, run, type "regedit", press OK, control and f key together, type "nodrivetypeautorun", click find next.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?