Auto Response to e.mails

User-28EFB4AB-B4CD-4D27-A0C269BD9B556760 07:23 18 Mar 2007

I recently sent an e.mail to an aquaintance, and was surprised to get an immediate reply.
The reply stated that it was an Auto Response and that the sender was away until the end of the month.
I have a yahoo e.mail address and an Auto Response would be a very good idea whilst I am away. How do I go about setting this up? Can anyone help please?

Noldi 08:03 18 Mar 2007

I think its options in the top right hand corner.
Then mail options>vacation options.

Noldi

MAJ 08:05 18 Mar 2007

As far as I know, YahooMail allow Auto-reply, have you checked out their helpfiles yet? I don't have an account with them so I can't check it out for you but apparently if you go to options, select vacation or autoreponse, you should be able to set one up.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:25 18 Mar 2007

It is an excellent and helpful method to alert any local burglars that your gaff is vacant for some time and your valuables are available for relocation.

G

anchor 11:40 18 Mar 2007

GANDALF <|:-)>: I agree.

The only time I receive these auto replies is from individuals in organisations, where there is no risk.

Noldi 11:53 18 Mar 2007

GANDALF that is a good point
I would not use it because it answers to Spam mail and shows the e-mail adress is active.
But everybody to thier own.

Noldi

Stuartli 11:57 18 Mar 2007

How would they know your e-mail address?

Bagsey 13:45 18 Mar 2007

I think that it would only respond to mail in your in box. Spam would go into you bulk junk mail box (Well it does with BT Yahoo) and would not be answered surely???? .

A big thanks to all of you who kindly responded to my question, which has now been successfully resolved. Regarding the question of security, this is also something to be taken into consideration.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?