Auto Login To PCA

David4637 15:47 27 Oct 2005

I used be able to login to this forum by including the email and password into my Favorite web link. This does NOT appear to work in the new format of PCA, any reasons why? Thanks David

Skills 15:50 27 Oct 2005

Apparently you need to click on your username up on the top left and then there is a tick box for auto login. You should now be remembered on this site.

Stuartli 15:51 27 Oct 2005

It doesn't work though...:-)

Or even with Firefox's Password Manager, which keeps asking if it should Remember the username and password?

Stuartli 15:52 27 Oct 2005

I used to be able to logon just once first thing - now it's virtually every time I go away for a short while.

Stuartli 15:52 27 Oct 2005

No doubt it's teething problems.

David4637 15:57 27 Oct 2005

I did not have to type in an email or P/W on the old PCA forum to register (login)when entering this forum, the email and P/W were part of the HTML web site address. It does NOT work NOW. Anyone any ideas to get it to work? David

Skills 15:58 27 Oct 2005

Yeh i just tried it doesnt work for me either, im sure it ill all be worked out in due course

seedie 16:06 27 Oct 2005

Login from url doesn't work for me either.

After a manual login it said wrong email address or password then changed it's mind and said welcome seedie

pj123 18:11 27 Oct 2005

The Guys behind the PCA Forum realise that this is a problem and are trying to sort it out.

click here

Give them a chance.

watchful 18:35 27 Oct 2005

I've just done it as Skills said. Clicked on my name (top left) and updated my profile. Logged out and then back in again without having to enter details :o)

I also re-entered site in My Favourites.

watchful 19:37 27 Oct 2005

Sorry to say it didn't work the second time around :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?